AAUW, founded in 1881, is open to all graduates who hold an associate or equivalent, baccalaureate, or higher degree from a qualified educational institution, or a degree from a qualified foreign institution. Most members of the Fox Chapel Area Branch reside in the Fox Chapel Area School District which is composed of Aspinwall, Blawnox, O’Hara Township, Sharpsburg, Indiana Township and Fox Chapel Borough, although this is not a requirement for membership and we have members who also reside in Hampton, Allison Park, Oakmont, Highland Park, Shadyside, Brookline, and other communities as well.
Branch Membership Benefits
• Monthly meetings and educational presentations generally held at the Fox Chapel Presbyterian Church on the second Tuesday of the month at 9:30 am. Due to the coronavirus pandemic we are currently meeting via Zoom. When in-person meetings become possible again, we plan to return to our pre-pandemic location.
• Opportunities to participate in all interest groups. These include: Arts & Entertainment, Book Group, Bridge Group, Education Action Committee, Golf Club, Out-to-Lunch-Bunch, Pinochle Players, Women in Stitches, Walking Group. Currently the Book Group and Women in Stitches are meeting via Zoom. Golf Club meets when weather permits and conditions are appropriate.
• Support our community service activities including a variety of community aid projects.
• Your annual dues includes membership in the national and state association as well as local (The Chapel Crier Newsletter), state (The Keystoner), and national association (Outlook) publications.
• And, above all, enjoy the camaraderie of like-minded women.